Starting a Pharmaceutical manufacturing company in Nigeria is one area of pharmacy practice that most pharmacists have run away from. Very few Nigerian pharmaceutical manufacturing companies are owned by pharmacists. But, You can start a pharmaceutical manufacturing company in Nigeria as a young pharmacist and become very successful if you can follow these simple steps. That I will be sharing with you
- WORK IN A TOP PHARMACEUTICAL MANUFACTURING COMPANY – If you want to start a pharmaceutical manufacturing company in Nigeria, your first step is to do your internship and NYSC in a pharmaceutical manufacturing company in Nigeria company. You need to get a note book and start to take note of their standard operating procedure. Work very hard and ask a lot of questions as you work. Try to find out why everything is done in particular way and write them down.
- WORK IN A START UP PHARMACEUTICAL MANUFACTURING COMPANY IN NIGERIA – After working in a top pharmaceutical company for about two years, resign and take up the job of production pharmacist in an young pharmaceutical manufacturing company. Once you get there start to put all you learnt in the top line pharmaceutical company into practice. What you want to do is to test if your ideas and what you learnt can work. Its more like testing your ideas without wasting your money. This is where you know the ideas that can really work. Build your relationship with top people in the industry and most importantly in the financial industry. Attend a lot of seminars and learn how to speak in public. You need to build a massive network of influential people. Attend a lot of functions and make new influential friends. Deliberately initiate a new product line and get actively involved in its designs to marketing. Get involved in all it takes to get it into the market and get involved in the marketing.
- GET A SALES JOB – After working in the small pharmaceutical manufacturing company for at least two years, pick up a job as a sales person in a top Nigerian pharmaceutical company (not multinational) You need to start to learn what it takes sell products in Nigeria and you need to learn it in our street hustling way and this is what a multinational can not teach you. Also build a massive network of people and still maintain your old friends. Attend a lot of seminars and attend a lot of on-line business management courses.
- START A MINI PHARMACEUTICAL MANUFACTURING COMPANY – Start a mini factory that does minimal product line like just methylated spirit or get a contract manufacturer in Nigeria to manufacture a line for you. Brief your network regularly of your progress on an upbeat note. Let them believe that manufacturing has great prospect
- WRITE BUSINESS PROPOSAL TO NETWORK OF FRIENDS – Watch a video series on YouTube called SHARK TANK FOR AT LEAST 100 hours. Then organise a small get together of your key network and pitch to them just like its done in shark tank. Share out at least 30 proposals
- GET EXPERT ADVISE – You need to work with consultants and experts who have worked in the pharmaceutical manufacturing company sector before.
- PRAY, FAST AND WATCH MY VIDEOS- You really need these. I have done some videos that you really need to watch. One has been posted below.
Contact the writer on 08023622171