A lot of sealed pharmacy premises owners have recently been calling me for advise on how to reopen their sealed pharmacy. This is a fallout of the recent mass sealing of premise in Lagos.
Well, here are my advise to you.
- If you are a pharmacist, go to PCN office and find out why your premises was sealed. A lot of the sealed pharmacy premises were sealed for different reasons. the first step thus is to find out why yours was sealed.
- If you are a wholesaler, get your pharmacist to go to PCN office on your behalf. Nobody will listen to you at PCN if you are a non pharmacist
- Take immediate steps to rectify what the reason was for sealing up your premises. The faster you are at rectifying your problem, the sooner they will come to reopen your premise.
- Pay the fine. There is usually a fine to be paid once a premise is sealed. So, find out what applies to you and go to the bank to pay it.
- Employ a pharmacist if you are the only pharmacist working at your sealed pharmacy premises. In most of the instances where the inspectors met a pharmacist of ground, they just issued warnings to the pharmacist. But all premises without pharmacist were sealed. No premises can operate any longer without a superintendent pharmacist and a resident pharmacist. Get a resident pharmacist even if its an intern or preferably a corper.
- Get your lawyer involved if you think your case will not get a fair hearing. There are some people outside Lagos whose premises were also sealed recently and all their effort to find out why there premises was sealed has not yielded any result. Your best bet is to get a lawyer to write PCN on your behalf. This also applies to people who were denied approval of their location without any reason or for some very flimsy excuses. A good lawyer will get you faster attention than just writing by yourself.
- Call me on 08023622171 for some top PCN officers you can call in Abuja PCN headquarters if you think you are been victimized by people in your area.
Also watch the video below for introduction to the course on raising finances for your business